» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

[MOD] Angling help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[MOD] Angling help

Post  Opa_Apo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:22 am

Angling your tank is a very basic tactic. To make it easier for new players i'm posting here two mods that are helpful. All credits should go to the original authors. I just took the angle showing part out of more complex mods.

The first one is very common, you can find it in a hangar clock mode. It's made by arasgrandpa aka Grandpa.
It shows the angle between the direction your vehicle is heading and the direction you're looking. Best angle for most tanks is about 30°. In the screenshoot you can see red triangles showing the constraints -12°/+12° because i'm looking to far to the right. In my opinion it's great for TDs and SPGs.
Spoiler:

Second mod is not so popular i think. It's in MeltyMap'sMathMod made by meltymap of course. I took it out because i don't like the MathMod at all. It's too complicated and too bright for me but i like the effective armor gauge very much. It's very simple and only shows the changes in armor made by horizontal angling. If somebody is shooting at you from above or bottom, the mod will NOT show the armor drop. However the values for sloped armors are implemented in the mod thus for T-34 it will not show 45mm of frontal armor but the effective armor of 70mm resulting from 45mm sloped at 60°.
Spoiler:
The VK3601 has 100mm of frontal hull armor and 60mm of side hull armor. In the image you can see, that thanks to angling, my frontal armor went up to 110mm and side armor has 111mm. Those values are so called effective armor values. Tanks coming from the direction my gun is pointing at, have to has at least 110mm penetration to make a hole in my front armor and at least 111mm to penetrate my side.
Spoiler:

Both mods are in this package LINK. I checked it with the antivirus but better check it by yourself.
To install, choose one and put the files in ...\res_mods\0.8.7\gui\flash

Have fun with angling!

Last edited by Opa_Apo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:53 am; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [MOD] Angling help

Post  Lycantia on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:28 am

Great stuff! I have considered the last one myself, but as you said, it's cluttering the interface and I just want the angling part.

But I'm blind and can't find the package. Can someone come and draw a big red circle on my screen where it is please? Smile

Lycantia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WarxOfx23Th on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:57 am

You know weakspot mods are illegal, right?

Not sure if the angling mod is illegal though but I don't think it is.
WarxOfx23Th

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:11 am

First I don't use them I just want to clarify that if a mod is forbidden or not is not as easy to say because the information about this given out by WG is a bit diffuse.

Weakspot mods are weakspot skin's right? The only information on this in several WoT forum threads is that they are allowed.
Example: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/154993-8659-lemon96-hitzones-for-the-tanks/

Also Meltymathsmod is not forbidden otherwise the topic on the forum for it would not be moderated as a normal mod discussion:
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/262776-087cross-hairmeltymapsmathmod/#top

Also there is no list of forbidden mods which is possibly to not encourage people to use them. Also I am not sure if WoT has the possiblity to prevent/detect unwanted mods even if there where some things written like that in patch notes a few patches ago.

So it is more a matter of personal preferences. I only use other stuff like tank info panel, xvm, jimbos and several of locastans because the circus and disco style of hit zone mods and melty's would make me even more insane.

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 am

The 2nd mod looks really interesting.

About illegal mods. WG has said that only mods that give a clear advantage are illegal. Like tracer mods used to be, laser sights, no tree/bush mods and so on.

Map mods and the like are in the gray area of the rules. They give an advantage, if you know how to use the information. I went without any of my usual mods that include the wonderful locastans map mod. No difference in ratings or winrate, I just played bit differently.

Edit: Btw, where to put the MeltyMapProtactorSetting and BattleTimer? I wanna try this out Razz

Instructor
Deputy Commander
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:04 am

In theory related to this forum post it should be placed in the gui/flash folder (fullpath even if i know you don't need it Wink  \World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.7\gui\flash)
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/262776-087cross-hairmeltymapsmathmod/page__st__160__pid__5618820#entry5618820

But i did not try it by myself so thats theory.

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lycantia on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Tried the MathMod and it was definitely helpful. Also easy to add missing tanks yourself.

Lycantia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lophius on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:32 pm

I have also tried the MathMod complete, and I like. At least for the only battle that I made.

Lycantia, is there any missing tank in the version for 0.8.7? How do you add it? I supose that is also for the angling and armor thing?

Thx.
lophius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lycantia on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 am

I just quickly browsed the xml-file and noted that some low tier tanks weren't there. So if someone wants to add data for them they can. But all my tanks had values, so I didn't have to do anything.

Lycantia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Opa_Apo on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 am

Lycantia wrote:I just quickly browsed the xml-file and noted that some low tier tanks weren't there.
Really? I did not noticed it at all. Even if the data is not there it's not so bad i think. Low tiers are mainly light tanks and as light tank you should avoid hits and not angle your tank ;p
Lycantia wrote: So if someone wants to add data for them they can. But all my tanks had values, so I didn't have to do anything.
You made a right point here and if somebody can't do it, you can always pm me. Wink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum