» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Goodbye SP. What next?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goodbye SP. What next?

Post  Brainfarter on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:07 pm

I am selling my SP when the opportunity comes in 8.8.
I never had a "wow this is just me!" moment in it, so the opportunity to swap it into something else is a welcome one. Besides it looks like the "rebalancing" only takes and doesnt give anything of value to it. (I have the RAM II for crewtraining later on if i decide to go for the US meds).

Now, what to do?
IS-6 is the obvious choice since I love my KV1S, IS-3 and IS-7 all three with reasonable crews at 2+ skills.
The new chinese 112 i just noticed gets some reviews putting it higher than the IS-6 though. But i had no intentions of playing the chinese heavies (until now).
I play the chinese meds (at WZ 120 now) and have decent crews on them too. So even the T-34-3 could be an option if i think crewwise.
I also want a TOG for the lulz (my only reason would be to TOG-toon the hell out of all tier VI's)

wwyd?

/B

The more I practice, the luckier I get
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Goodbye SP. What next?

Post  IronClaw on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Brainfarter wrote:
The new chinese 112 i just noticed gets some reviews putting it higher than the IS-6 though.
It's new, thus it's OP. Else no one (or not enough) would buy it. So the risk is high that it follows the standard pattern:

WG Makes new stronk tenk -> many people buy new stronk tenk, making WG lot of monies -> many other people rant on forums due to facing this new stronk tenk -> WG nerfs it into oblivion/normalness/slighty-UP-ness -> WG makes new stronk tenk -> etc...
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Have you played those premium tanks on the test server? might be a good idea to test them overthere.

I think it's a matter of priorities and playstyle I think: Do you prefer playing meds or heavies? Do you prefer playing your soviet tanks or your chinese tanks?

I don't know if you care a lot about credit income, but you might take a look on this site: VBaddict
[note: I don't see statistics for the 112 and the T-34-3 yet, I guess they will come when 8.8 hits]
CountOfTuscany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Buy a KV5, wait until they are available if they aren't atm!
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 pm

I tried the IS-6, the 112 and the T-34-3 on the test server.

IS-6 - amazing little brawler
112 - is currently an all-round better IS-6. My favourite of the 3
T-34-3 - if you like wrestling with (no) gun depression all the time, this is the tank for you. An overall better T-34-2, it is said. I would not be surprised if this ends up not getting a nerf or with regular MM.

Public Test 2 should be up soon, so probably a good idea to just give them a go (to get the new Chinese premiums you need to play 1 battle and you will receive them as a mission reward).
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:09 am

The Chinese were ok, I liked the heavy more than the medium to be honest, though neither is amazing. Of all the premiums, the most "fun" one to play on your own (at least for me) is still the SU-122-44, though the E-25 is actually surprisingly fun too - basically, if an ELC and a Hetzer (with the 75mm) had a baby, that would be it.

I'm heavily inclined to sell my SP too, they've just taken too much away from it without giving it anything back. First, the accuracy from 0.8.6 changes meant it was already easier to hurt, the increase in premium shell prices hurt the profit making ability badly (because a lot of targets, the gun just isn't good enough to get the weakspots of), and now they've made it possible for everything with 195+ (ish) pen to hurt you by shooting your upper front plate. Even if they limited the MM to tier 8 only, it would still struggle; but for me, the kicker is that the armour changes have been done for "historical" reasons, yet they won't touch the gun, even though that's the most absurdly unhistorical thing about it. So. I've had some good matches in it, but it's time to part company at last.
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top