» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

electronic cigarettes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

electronic cigarettes.

Post  Arnold_Judas_Rimmer on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:38 am

Hello. I am a regular snuff taker but am now going to buy an e cig to finally rid myself of smoking. has anyone experience of e cigs and can you recommend a brand or e liquid?

thank you.
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: electronic cigarettes.

Post  Sapaki on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:59 am

Don't go there IMO. Too little information as to what this shit does to you. Not sure it is less harmfull that normal smokinh in a different way. A friend of mine gave it up because it caused him some kind of distress to the liver.
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnold_Judas_Rimmer on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:27 am

Plenty of info out there the ingredients are few and all have been used in other products for many years. propylene glycol is harmless when ingested even in large amounts. Half of it does not even make it to the liver and all traces have left the body within few hours.

Nicotine... well some good effects some bad but its probably not as bad for you as caffeine.

Flavourings.. debatable.. conflicting information. 1 thing is for sure the reputable manufacturers use high quality ingredients.

Your friend probably purchased his e liquid from a dodgy 3rd world producer who squeezes out dead mens underpants and bottles it. Cheap beer makes my head ache Very Happy 

Arnold_Judas_Rimmer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lophius on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello,

My wife and me have tested and has work for us, I think we used for a couple of month...and now no smoking at all. Since october we are free...Very Happy

Now I only have alcohol....cyclops Sleep
lophius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Niflhel on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:18 am

I've tried to switch from cigarettes to an e-cig for the last 4 months, although lately I haven't used it much.

I initially bought 2x1100mAh batteries with LCD screen and two CE4 Clearomizers. A bit disappointing quality in the beginning, one of the CE4 Clearomizers didn't work at all (although they're cheap to replace), one of the batteries stopped working shortly after I bought it, and the final Clearomizer burned out after a few weeks of somewhat regular use.
After that I ordered some CE8 Clearomizers. I'm been using the first of them for 3 months now, 1-2 days a week, and it's still going strong. The CE8 got a very large tank (2,4 ml), so you don't have to refill often unless you're a heavy user.

Here's some good sides about e-cigs:
It's cheaper. 10 ml of e-liquid costs around 5£ and will last 4 days of HEAVY smoking (equivalent of 2 packs or more a day)
You can control exactly how much nicotine you want in your e-liquid, either by mixing it yourself (buying flavored PG and/or VG and mixing it with nicotine) or buying some of the pre-mixed (you can get 6, 12, 18, 24 and 30mg per ml, normally).
A lot of different flavors, you will find something you like. Everything from fruit and food, alcohol or tobacco. I personally favor some of the tobacco tastes.
Easy to carry in the pocket.
Flexible when it comes to smoking, you can always take it out to take as many puffs as you want, and depending on the laws in your country, you can use it in many places where cigarettes are forbidden (trains, buses and inside buildings etc.)

Negative sides:
I personally find that it's worse at satisfying your nicotine need than cigarettes, even when smoking liquids with high nicotine content.
You got to remember to recharge the battery, takes 3-4 hours so if you don't have a replacement battery at hand when it runs out, you won't be smoking for a while.
It can be harsh on the throat, but depends on whether you smoke PG or VG (or, more commonly, a mix) and the model of e-cig.

If I were to start over, I'd get a mod (basically a more advanced e-cig) like this: http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=198 with a couple of rechargeable 18650 Batteries+recharger and some CE8 Clearomizers. It'll be more expensive (but if you make the switch to e-cig, it'll have paid itself off within 1-2 months), but with one of those you can adjust the power and voltage, allowing you to control the density of the smoke you're inhaling. It's also much more durable, although quite a bit bigger in size.
Niflhel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemmingtrain on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:07 am

Arnold_Judas_Rimmer wrote:Hello. I am a regular snuff taker but am now going to buy an e cig to finally rid myself of smoking. has anyone experience of e cigs and can you recommend a brand or e liquid?

thank you.
Apologies for the necro-thread but I have just found this:

As someone who has had a long-term involvement (>15 year) in dealing with patients with tobacco-related disease(s) all I can say is just do yourself a favour and quit completely.  e-cigarettes are a short-term fix and while they may give some relief from craving the nicotine still causes adverse effects, particularly to the cardio-vascular and peripheral-vascular systems.  They are a nice marketing ploy but are poorly regulated and, to a degree, a false comfort.  The same applies to alternatives such as snus, snuff etc which have been linked to oral and nasal cancers, both of which are very unpleasant, disfiguring, and potentially fatal diseases.  

As someone who has had to deal with the consequences of tobacco smoking in patients (CVD, IHD, COPD, lung cancer, bladder cancer, renal cancer, PVD, Buerger's disease (the list is endless)) I have had my fill of having to deal with tobacco-related diseases.  On the plus side, if you were to quit completely (no e-cigarettes or snuff/snus though!), your risk of CVD would return to that of a non-smoker in approximately 5-years of quitting.  Your risk of lung cancer will, unfortunately, never return to zero but can be significantly reduced.  As a smoker in my youth I certainly appreciate the difficulty in quitting.  However, if you wish to preserve your health, and make sure you remain around for your loved ones, there is no alternative.

Sorry - rather a touchy subject for me. Rant off.
Lemmingtrain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top