» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Object 704 Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Object 704 Guide

Post  Ding760 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:02 am

Object 704 is a tier 9 Heavy Tank Destroyer. Positioned near the top of the Soviet stealth fighters, this beastly machine uses a combination of camouflage and incredible damage per shot to ward of its attackers. The good mantlet armor means that people still using auto aim will not live for much longer (and hopefully learn to aim).

Tanks specs:

Upgrade tree:

Overview:
The Object 704 is the first relatively heavily armored soviet TD, a definitive improvement over the ISU. It features a 300mm gun superstructure and uniquely built side and frontal armor. Despite this, your front is penetrable by 170 + penetration guns (unless you can slope it some more artificially) which means that superior camouflage is still your best defense. An improved BL-10 (better RoF and accuracy) will be your weapon of choice and the great radio will never make you feel lost. Unfortunately, for some strange reason you are the slowest turning TD (unless on concrete). Another feature which is both good and bad is your low and wide profile. It makes you a harder target for most tanks and definitely helps your hiding and camouflage abilities, but it does not allow you to peak over cover efficiently, makes you an easy target for artillery and is probably the reason for the bad gun depression. Some tanks, usually those with a frontally mounted gun or turret, can use your width to get a good shot on your weak hull armor on close quarter battles without hearing your BL-10's reply.
Price: 3,660,000 credits
Camouflage: Very good.
Gun Depression: -6°/+18°
Gun Arc: -11°/+11°

Pros:
- The gun hits hard.
- Camouflage is great.
- Speed and acceleration are very good.
- AP penetration is the highest in the game.
- Gun mantlet is 320mm.
- Can put BL-10 from the start.
- Low profile.

Cons:
- Armor is still not that good.
- Turns like a whale.
- BL-10 seems to have a life of its own…
- Stock gun (if there are people that actually don’t have the BL-10 from the ISU) is made of fail.
- Very wide.
- Bad gun depression.

Designation:
1. Warrior  2. Heavy Support 3. Heavy Tank Killer

Crew:
1. Commander (also a radioman)  
2. Gunner
3. Driver
4. Loader
5. Loader

Using your ISU crew is recommendable.

Modules:

Hull:
Armor scheme currently in use:
Spoiler:

120/90/60
The hull is decently armored. 120mm at that slope is around 170-180 mm of effective armor which is much better than the ISU. Your gun is heavily armored with 300+ mm of steel and will actually provide the majority of your bounciness. Your side is uniquely built which means that T6 and T7 meds might have trouble with it in places. Still, of the 3 T9 TDs the 704 is the least armored at the front… as long as your enemy can aim.

Suspension:
Object 704 / Max. capacity 48.86 / Turn speed 19 deg per sec
Object 704M / Max. capacity 50.9 / Turn speed 22 deg per sec

Getting the better suspension is advisable, but you dont need it for the BL-10. Still, it will help for other modules and make you more mobile.

Engine:
V-11 - 650 h.p. - 15% chance of fire
V-2-54IS – 700 h.p. – 12 % chance of fire

Getting the better engine will make a real difference to your mobility. It’s a grade A engine and will help you unlocking the rest of the Soviet tech tree. V-2-54IS gives you 13.3 h.p. per ton.

Radio:
10RK – Range 440 meters
12RT – Range 625 meters
R113 – Range 730 meters

The good radio even weighs less, not to mention how good it is. The stock one is pretty crappy and I suggest upgrading at least to the 12RT.

Gun:
152 mm ML-20SM mod. 1944
RoF: 3,50
Penetration: 135/228/86
Average damage: 700/700/010
Accuracy (100m): 0,46
Aim time: 2,7

The worst stock gun of all T9 TDs, but on the bright side you can equip the BL-10 even with stock suspension. There really is no reason to keep this gun or even use it. It’s useless at this point. If you for some reason don't have the BL-10 researched, (I feel for you) I suggest you load HE or learn the weak spots of every tank perfectly. Also, specialize in guerrilla warfare by hiding till your enemy has passed, and then shoot him in the behind!

152.4 mm BL-10
RoF: 3,50
Penetration: 286/329/90
Average damage: 750/750/950
Accuracy (100m): 0,39
Aim time: 2,9

The real deal and the reason why 704s are so feared. Every Object should have it, as it should have been unlocked on the ISU-152. It deals damage comparable to that of a T10 TD, with incredible penetration and can almost auto aim tier 10 tanks. The powerful HE shell means that even the Maus tank can feel threatened, no matter the slope or distance. On the other hand, even this powerful gun has flaws. It aims so slowly, you might think it does it on purpose. Although decent, the accuracy is not that good and the RoF means that missing is a luxury you can’t afford. Another great “feature” is that this gun has a mind of its own. Some of the strangest bounces and craziest misses have happened with this otherwise great gun.
Premium ammo is APCR, which loses penetration with distance, but does get a normalization bonus against sloped armour.

Proposed upgrade path:
1. Suspension
2. Engine
3. Radio
*If you dont have BL-10 go for it first!

Comparison with its peers:

Object 704 vs SU-122-54
The SU-122 is faster than the Object and turns much faster and accelerates better. Its guns are more accurate and fire faster but have less penetration and damage than the famous BL-10. SU-122-54 has slightly less armour than the Object 704.

Object 704 vs JagdTiger
The JagdTiger is capable of going hull down (the superstructure can bounce BL-10, be careful) and also has a little better frontal armor.  Its gun is much more accurate and aims much faster. 704 has better AP penetration but worse APCR penetration. The Tiger turns faster, except on concrete and roads, despite what the statistics say. You do more damage per shot and have a better HE round, but the Tiger fires faster.  The object has better side armor and is easier to hide with better camo and a lower profile.
In short:
JagdTiger is more accurate and fires faster.
704 has better camo.
Jtiger has better armor and hull down ability.
704 has better damage per shot and a great mantlet
704 is more mobile (though JagdTiger turns better)

Object 704 vs T95
T95 is a lot more armored than the 704. Its also MUCH slower. It carries a slightly slower and less penetrating 155mm gun, but does the same damage. Both have good camo, though 704 is better in this category
In short:
704 is much faster than T95.
T95 is a lot more armored.
Both have a similar top gun, but the BL-10 is just better
The T95 also can use its T28 top gun if you want to switch to a different play style.

Historical Object 704:

One prototype, developed in 1945, used elements of the IS-2 and IS-3 tanks. The overall height of the vehicle was reduced to 2240 mm, which was compensated with an increased width of the superstructure. The factory designation was Object 704 (Объект 704). It was armed with the 152.4 mm ML-20SM model 1944 (МЛ-20СМ обр. 1944 г.) gun-howitzer, with a barrel length of over 4.5 meters (29.6 calibers) and no muzzle brake, which further increased the firepower of the gun.
It had a maximum range of 13,000 meters. The self-propelled gun carried 20 rounds of two piece (shell and charge) armor-piercing and high explosive ammunition. The armor-piercing round, weighing 48.78 kg, had a muzzle velocity of 655 m/s. The rate of fire was 1-2 round/min. The ISU-152 model 1945 had four hatches at the superstructure roof and one emergency hatch at the bottom of the hull behind the driver's seat, which had an armored cover.
The self-propelled gun carried two external fuel tanks (90 liters each) not connected to the supply system. The secondary armament of the fighting vehicle consisted of two 12.7 x 108 mm DShK machine guns, one anti-aircraft and one co-axial.
The protection was increased by placing thicker armor at more radical angles. In the area of the gun, where the mantlet combined with the hull front behind it and the housing of the recoil mechanism, the armor thickness was 320 mm. The ISU-152 model 1945 (ИСУ-152 обр. 1945 г.) was the best protected of all experimental or production Soviet self-propelled guns of the Second World War. However, the radical incline of the superstructure walls combined with the increased recoil of the gun, due to the lack of a muzzle brake, significantly complicated the work of the crew, and for this reason mainly wasn't adopted. Today, the self-propelled gun is exhibited at the Kubinka Tank Museum.

Originally written by Charcharo
Ding760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Object 704 Guide

Post  AndyScouser on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Im loving the obj 704 even more so than the ISU-152 now that ive got throught the relatively painless upgrade path on it, I think you just need the tracks to mount the engine/gun from the ISU-152. The gun is expensive in credits so either unmount it from the ISU (that you didnt sell!) along with the engine and mount them straight in the 704.

I play it the same as the ISU-152 but a little braver as the armour allows. I will follow the heavy attack and offer 2nd line support finishing off any enemy i can get a shot off at. Ill only mix it with the enemy if my team is out numbered and both HP and localised fire power means beating the enemy. The BL-10 on the 704 is a little less troll and I seem to be getting higher dmg rolls more often.

You will miss 1 shotting KV-1S and KV-2 tankers though
AndyScouser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:19 am

AndyScouser wrote:Im loving the obj 704 even more so than the ISU-152 now that ive got throught the relatively painless upgrade path on it, I think you just need the tracks to mount the engine/gun from the ISU-152.  The gun is expensive in credits so either unmount it from the ISU (that you didnt sell!) along with the engine and mount them straight in the 704.  

I play it the same as the ISU-152 but a little braver as the armour allows.  I will follow the heavy attack and offer 2nd line support finishing off any enemy i can get a shot off at.  Ill only mix it with the enemy if my team is out numbered and both HP and localised fire power means beating the enemy.  The BL-10 on the 704 is a little less troll and I seem to be getting higher dmg rolls more often.

You will miss 1 shotting KV-1S and KV-2 tankers though
You can equip enhanced suspension to equip the gun without the suspension upgrade. Also 704 is a major HP upgrade from ISU (1050 to 1600) and way better close range performance (mantlet).

Observer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top