by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

AT 2 as a shield?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AT 2 as a shield?

Post  Forsworn on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Again my noobish replay Smile 
My AT 2 and KV-3 trying to cap. Was I wrong parking before him? His armor is around 100, mine front armor is 203. So I was trying to shield him Rolling Eyes  Apparently the KV-3 and few others thought I should hide behind him. Then he would be opened and enemies penetrated him with almost every shot, while they would have to aim for my weakspots. But does it make any difference if we were shot at from the higher ground? Please watch and either confirm or call me noob Razz
Forsworn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AT 2 as a shield?

Post  HowTheStoryEnds on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:51 pm

yes, in my humble opinion you should've parked behind him due to the height difference between your position and your principal assailant's position. The pz M10 could shoot over you and hit the upper plate of the kv-3, which the kv-3 didn't angle at all until he was near the end of his life.

The attacker wouldn't properly have been able to shoot at you over the kv-3, so you could've racked up points faster and won the game faster. The guy driving the prem tank knew what he was doing, he'd have no problems dispatching an AT-2 and being a tier 7 prem tank will have the pen to reliably pen your weak spots.

A few things worry me: you have no repair kit, no med kit, no fire extinguisher? Your map also shows incredibly small (maybe that's a replay thing, do you have it at smallest size in real game?), which doesn't help your map awareness. To put things in perspective: I've been putting rep-med-firex combo on my tanks since tier 1. They're free of charge if you don't use them and if they prolongue your life in game you win more and do more damage == more credits. Buy them when they're on sale and it's even cheaper. Smile
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Forsworn on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks for replying. Yes, I know they could shoot him in over me, but I thought I could at least cover some of his fat body Evil or Very Mad  Maybe I really should've parked behind him, but it was scary watching him getting shot and loosing hp along with precious cap points. If he died they would just come for me knowing my gun isn't much of a threat.
Would that prem tank peek out for long enough to aim at my cupola? Wouldn't he then be shot by KV-3?

I didn't bother buying repair kit, med kit and fire extinguisher because I rarely played this td before and I'm not good with it and just decided to at least get my double xp each day. I have kits on tanks that I play a lot. Don't know about the map, I'm okay with it's size Neutral 
Forsworn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Get them on every tank, even if you don't play them a lot. Once you sell the tank, you can use them again on another tank.

Making the minimap bigger will make it much easier to read. Being able to process map information quickly during engagements can make you help making decisions much faster.
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:26 am

I agree with HTSE, you could've parked behind the KV-3 and be alot safer. Do it especcialy when people offer it to you.
Repair kits, med kits and fire kits might sound expensive at 9k purchase price for the lot. But it really helps out you gameplay in the long run and earn more credits than you paid for the damn things.
About the minimap, it's a replay thingie. When it's not your replay recorded and saved on the exact same machine, the minimap resets to it's original size.
And the minimap size is different on every moniter due to resolution changes. It may be really small on 1 resolution, but failry big on a lower resolution.

Anyways. Good job, honey! Looking forward to platoon with you again Wink

INSTRUCTOR

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Post  Forsworn on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:40 am

Looking forward to platoon with you again
QFT! Twisted Evil 
Hmmm, I'll think about buying kits for every tank. But I have a feeling they won't help me to avoid making mistakes. (That would be Behemoth's job in next platoon Cool )
Forsworn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:25 am

they might not help avoid but they sure help remedy or escape the consequences of your prior mistake.

HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lostplace on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:36 am

Oh yes, I really like those guys like this T49, who are predicting a loss right after the start of a battle and do hardly more than distracting the team by being a smartass for the whole time ...

Hard to say what would have happened the other way round. After all your AT-2 soaked about 10 hits, which shot on the KV-3 alone had killed him quite early. Hard to say if you had collected enough cap points up to this. Also, the KV-3 had some bounces because his lower plate was protected by you (at least for some time, he should have been closer to show his turret only).

Hiding behind the KV-3 would hinder you from firing your high rate of fire gun, that forced the PzM10 into cover between the shots of the KV-3. In other circumstances you might have even killed some of your enemies by this, increasing your chances for a win.

Even if you had hidden behind the KV-3, the enemy KV-3 would probably tried to get a line of fire to you by flanking left along the rocks.

Overall imho, no bad choice how you have done. Probably you didn't notice it in the heat of the battle, but the better way to take cover would be using the wreck of the Comet that died right of you at the beginning of the cap.

lostplace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:12 am

he was ammoracked, dead gunner and his tank has a pen that's barely sufficient to pen the turret of the pz M10, let alone the gun mantlet he's actually facing. In this situation I still maintain that trying to minimize the chance to get your points reset is the best option.
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top