by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

8.6 Update

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 8.6 Update

Post  Boos B on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:51 pm

My initial thought is: wow, this is a bombshell. It is a huge change, to which I have to get used to again. Much more accurate, so now I really see when I take unnecessary snapshots Razz

INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khul on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm

If previously some tanks were balanced as snipers, some as brawlers (i.e. you're gonna hit something pewpew vs you might hit something KABLAMMO), & everyone's accuracy has been increased by the same factor, what the flying fuck is the point of playing a non-brawler tank now? Surely the only tanks this patch will benefit are the KABLAMMO ones?

Please excuse my ignorance if this has been adequately covered.
Khul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:19 pm

I totally agree.

Even impatient noobs like me can now do waaay more damage in a KV-1s just by putting it's big gun somewhere near the enemy and pull the trigger. Had yesterday a game where exactly that happens ... around 2K damage I never did before wasp or anybody else who watched me in TC's or Trainings will tell you that i am definitivly not wrong with my selfassessment of beeing to impatiant on aiming.
And i do not like it. why because it makes this game more to a stupid ego shooter. Well yes i got the best requirements for that (100 - 120 fps, 20 - 40 ping, gaming Hardware blablabla) but this does not require real skill or knowledge of game mechanics.

greetz
Ronin
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:35 pm

hense my comment that I will have to get used to this entire new system again. Well, I will just keep trying and see what the impact will be. Next up: KV-2 derpsniping.

INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 pm

I had my last game in the KV-2 derp monster last night, I found it still inaccurate at anything over 200m and the aim time just too large leaving myself in danger for too long. 

trying to find my mojo again I tried out my old favourite, the vk3601, OMG that thing is now insane, 400m sniper shots are a breeze 9/10 pen and a  a 78% win rate..  Of course its no use thinking this buff is going to help enormously as every body else has got the accuracy buff, so only those that dont know where to shoot or auto aim are likely to not benefit.
AndyScouser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zed22 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:27 am

andy_scouser wrote:I had my last game in the KV-2 derp monster last night, I found it still inaccurate at anything over 200m and the aim time just too large leaving myself in danger for too long. 

trying to find my mojo again I tried out my old favourite, the vk3601, OMG that thing is now insane, 400m sniper shots are a breeze 9/10 pen and a  a 78% win rate..  Of course its no use thinking this buff is going to help enormously as every body else has got the accuracy buff, so only those that dont know where to shoot or auto aim are likely to not benefit.

if kv 2 still have bad in long range then i'm unlucky that all of shot hit me in all of my game against kv 2 .....
i change the danger of facing kv 2 to lvl i face kv1s .... don't want to 1 shot by them anymore .( in the past when i face kv 2 in range just think " oh just need to move after every shot " - but now it's scary for me to even face them ...)
zed22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shufuni on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:35 am

I don't know about you lot but my tanks feel that I am driving through thick mud, whatever surface I am driving over. I have switched off the dynamic camera and it makes no difference; is this something any of you have noticed or have I been sniffing the wrong drugs?
Shufuni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:49 am

Shufuni wrote:I don't know about you lot but my tanks feel that I am driving through thick mud, whatever surface I am driving over. I have switched off the dynamic camera and it makes no difference; is this something any of you have noticed or have I been sniffing the wrong drugs?

Noticed that too. Thought it was just me at first also, but Monty and Wasp had the same feeling. Seems like they have either made all ground softer or changed the ground resistance of the suspensions.

Instructor
Deputy Commander
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lophius on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:03 am

Today I have played for first time in Fjords and the change they made in J5 are huge. Have you senn it?

Cheers.
lophius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:06 am

lophius wrote:Today I have played for first time in Fjords and the change they made in J5 are huge. Have you senn it?

Cheers.

Drove around there in test server. J5 has been made more arty safe and the middle part is changed a lot too. You can't shoot from the south to north or vice versa anymore.

Instructor
Deputy Commander
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:16 am

Had a battle in SU-26 and one in Hummel to see how arty works now, and thought "Damn! It's nerfed to hell and back..."  Then I realized I had to upgrade them again, and add the rammers and stuff... Laughing

Had a couple more battles, and then I got the new tier 4 German arty. I like it! The old arties have longer aim time, the French had trouble getting a green lind where I used to park it though, and the new German is a fun machine.
SteelToedSneakers

View user profile http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zed22 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:53 am

SteelToedSneakers wrote:Had a battle in SU-26 and one in Hummel to see how arty works now, and thought "Damn! It's nerfed to hell and back..."  Then I realized I had to upgrade them again, and add the rammers and stuff... Laughing

Had a couple more battles, and then I got the new tier 4 German arty. I like it! The old arties have longer aim time, the French had trouble getting a green lind where I used to park it though, and the new German is a fun machine.

you aren't alone... i did the same mistake when i use my arty Razz
zed22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inorien on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:14 am

zed22 wrote:
SteelToedSneakers wrote:Had a battle in SU-26 and one in Hummel to see how arty works now, and thought "Damn! It's nerfed to hell and back..."  Then I realized I had to upgrade them again, and add the rammers and stuff... Laughing

you aren't alone... i did the same mistake when i use my arty Razz

I thought my Hummel looked funny. Realised the gun was different from pre-patch, then that it had been reset stock. Those bastards! What they hell do they think they're doing!
Inorien

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zed22 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:50 am

Lemmingtrain wrote:
Vallu01 wrote:Now I have to reinstall all my mods again...

1).  Use and setup the WOT Mod Installer as described here  http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/37236-wot-mod-installer/

2). Copy your mods folder before the update to another location.  Run the update.  Copy the old mods folder back into the updated client and rename with the new version number. 

3). Run XVM updater http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/196435-xvm-updater-22-one-click-installupdate/  

4).  "Reactivate" your mods by running the WOT Mods Installer

Job done Very Happy

Next update(s) just do steps 2 to 4.

nice help ... my xvm work now XD
zed22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Niflhel on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:22 pm

I've made a short analyze of the KV-2, KV-1S and the M18 (highest accuracy percentage of all the tier 6) stat changes after the patch.
By no means is this an accurate portrayal of how the patch effected the vehicles, but I wanted to get an idea of whether or not the derp tanks have really become overpowered after the patch, which so many are saying at the official forum. Mostly due to the fact that I believe they've been affected by an unhealthy amount of confirmation bias.
Give it a read if you want:
Spoiler:
I'm wondering how big the accuracy changes have effected various tanks, and whether or not the derp cannons are the ones who benefited the most.

I've used vbaddict to compare two derp tanks, the KV-1S and the KV-2 to the tier 6 with the highest accuracy, the M18. Only people who've played more than 50 battles in the vehicle have been included.

KV-2:

Pre 8.6 accuracy: 62.5%

Current accuracy: 65.01%

Misses turned into hit by 8.6: 6.77%

Damage before 8.6: 665

Damage after 8.6: 680.5

Damage increase after 8.6 as a percentage: 2.33%

KV-1S:

Pre 8.6 accuracy: 63.8%

Current accuracy: 66.66%

Misses turned into hits by 8.6: 10,88%

Damage before 8.6: 586

Damage after 8.6: 630.31

Damage increase after 8.6 as a percentage: 7.52%

M18:

Pre 8.6 accuracy: 68.4%

Current accuracy: 70.34%

Misses turned into hits by 8.6: 7,14%

Damage before 8.6: 654.5

Damage after 8.6: 692.84

Damage increase after 8.6 as a percentage: 5.85%

As you can see, the KV-1S have benefited the most from the patch, while the KV-2 have benefited the least.

The data isn't perfect, since the accuracy and damage done from all tanks are still climbing. But, the more a tank is buffed, the faster it stats would naturally rise. This is also a small sample size, but I don't got the time to run through the numbers on all tanks.

This limited data doesn't support the theory that ALL derp cannons have received a bigger buff than higher accuracy guns, but there's tons of unknown variables.

Here is the average increase to damage and misses turned into hits from both the KV-2 and the KV-1S.

Damage increase: 4.925%

Misses turned into hits: 8.825%

When you compare both derp to the M18, you can see that the increase to damage dealt is .925% percent lower than the M18, while the misses turned into hits are 1.685% higher.

Conclusion: The KV-2 and the KV-1S have together benefited more from the patch when it comes to misses turned into hits, but it hasn't given them a damage advantage.

Some may say that it takes a good player to take advantage of the accuracy buffs to the derp cannons, and this may be true. But a tank with a higher accuracy benefits more each additional accuracy percentage (going from 80-82% accuracy turns 10% misses into hits, to get a comparable miss to hit ratio at say, 65% would require 3.5% additional accuracy, for a total of 68.5%), and this difference may actually be pretty close to evening equaling out the buffs received from 8.6.
Niflhel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:38 pm

So far I enjoy sniping with IS-3 top gun on 300m hull down T34 ... 5 shots, 5 hits on his commander coupola and been called gold spamer noob :-)

Daeworn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:12 pm

I tend to think the RNG has just moved to ppl making more snapshots because now it more often pays off.
Better players still understand that the aiming is crucial to good performance, so will imo. benefit more from the precision-buff.

Also, afaik the buff has been given to all (except the beloved arty) so its the same for all, basically.
I get so annoyed when my football team (after losing again) complains about the condition of the field. It is a condition for all - so it equalizes out.

Cut out last lines, if you dont want to go randomly OT.

/Dingster

The more I practice, the luckier I get
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:44 pm

It's not OT if it is a relevant analogy
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:07 am

Dingster wrote:
Also, afaik the buff has been given to all (except the beloved arty) so its the same for all, basically.
I get so annoyed when my football team (after losing again) complains about the condition of the field. It is a condition for all - so it equalizes out.
/Dingster
Funny, it was actually designated for arty in first place, as they made their aiming circle bigger, but also change the probability for landing shells more in the circle = common tanks don’t miss so much now, as most of the shells land in the circle (sniping IS-3 and so), but arties miss more because their aiming circle is so big now (sometimes you can put two barns in it).

Daeworn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inorien on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:16 am

Daeworn wrote:
Dingster wrote:
/Dingster
Funny, it was actually designated for arty in first place, as they made their aiming circle bigger, but also change the probability for landing shells more in the circle = common tanks don’t miss so much now, as most of the shells land in the circle (sniping IS-3 and so), but arties miss more because their aiming circle is so big now (sometimes you can put two barns in it).

Arty has really got the short end of the stick with this patch.

(Stolen from Reddit)
Inorien

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:26 am

On the upside of the (too much) nerf of arty is, that people in randoms will not be used to arties.
Therefore, noone will learn over time how crucial it is to stay in arty-safe positions. And KABOOM they go...

The more I practice, the luckier I get
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt_Kelly on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:41 am

On the downside, all the mouthbreathing windowlicking KV-1S drivers who used to quit after 2 games because they kept getting their dumb arses splatted by arty and couldn't hit a barn door are now back in the game, happily bimbling around in the open and one-shotting people left and right until their health pool finally runs out.
Sgt_Kelly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inorien on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:46 am

Sgt_Kelly wrote:On the downside, all the mouthbreathing windowlicking KV-1S pubbie drivers who used to quit after 2 games because never ever ever quit ever while they kept getting their dumb arses splatted by arty and couldn't hit a barn door are now back still in the game

fix'd
Inorien

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top