by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

8.6 Update

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 8.6 Update

Post  Rancidpunk on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:29 am

CountOfTuscany wrote:
Rancidpunk wrote:
You do get less crew/module damage, it's mostly caused by HE. The KV5 I found to be a bit of an evil bastard, more so probably because everyone is firing gold on the test server so it absorbs the HEAT hits more. An M103 couldn't seem to damage me until he switched to standard shells.

KV-5 absorbs HEAT? those the spall liner work as some kind of spaced armor? I don't reallt get the idea that firinf AP to a kv-5 would be more usefull than firing HEAT.

Also, does the spall liner increase the effectiveness of the kv-5 ramming another tank?

I was circling him and noticed the blue tracer when he fired, first shot hit my side but caused no damage, second shot hit my turret side at about 60 and caused no damage. He fired standard at my side next shot and tracked me just as arty tracked the other side, I just poured standard into him until he was dead.
I really don't know if the liner protects against the HEAT but gold wasn't penetrating when it should have. AP is what I'd use on a KV5 if I was in an M103 anyway since I've always found it more reliable than gold Smile

The liner provides 25% extra protection from ramming damage whether it's you being rammed or doing the ramming Twisted Evil
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:42 am

Rancidpunk wrote:
I was circling him and noticed the blue tracer when he fired, first shot hit my side but caused no damage, second shot hit my turret side at about 60 and caused no damage. He fired standard at my side next shot and tracked me just as arty tracked the other side, I just poured standard into him until he was dead.
I really don't know if the liner protects against the HEAT but gold wasn't penetrating when it should have. AP is what I'd use on a KV5 if I was in an M103 anyway since I've always found it more reliable than gold Smile

The liner provides 25% extra protection from ramming damage whether it's you being rammed or doing the ramming Twisted Evil

OK, interesting. I will install spall liner anyway, whether used against arty shells or against ramming.... though nobody rams a KV-5 unless they're complete idiots.

BTW XL spall liner gives 30% extra protection, right?
CountOfTuscany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:17 am

Spall liner only protects against HE splash and ramming dmg. They just changed the HEAT mechanic so that spaced armour is more effective against HEAT now, and tracks are counted as spaced armour.

Instructor
Deputy Commander
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:58 am

Guys i think arty is more powerfull than ever
Etairos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:24 am

Etairos wrote:Guys i think arty is more powerfull than ever

I have not tested yet. Are you serious or being sarcastic? :/
Ding760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:52 am

No i mean it you can say they aim slower or whatever but when you have guns that deal 2k dmg and 3 of them in a platoon firing coordinated barrages they can ruin everything.Although when you have two arties top it is good it is pleasant and acceptable but when you have more arties then it is fucked up
Etairos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:23 am

And I believe that they capped maximum arty per team to 4 instead of 5. Wich is a good thing

INSTRUCTOR

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:38 am

I met 5 arties if i am not mistaken
Etairos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Yup, 5 arties are still here. Although, I played a game with that new german turreted (only 45 degrees left/right Mad ) arty at T4 and there were 7 arties and 1 scout per side. TD mode ftw Razz

INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:17 pm

BehemothNL wrote:And I believe that they capped maximum arty per team to 4 instead of 5. Wich is a good thing

They actually removed the arty cap totally now. No further updates from me atm, can't get on the test server since Thursday!
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Arty cap is still there, but if there is too many arties in queue and it takes too long to create a match the MM goes "Fuck the rules!" and puts a random match together. This is also why in lower tiers, on the test server, you get the 7 vs 7 matches.

Played 1 match with Object 212 (no Object 212A), MM is the same as before now that it was moved from tier 7 to tier 9. 2 biggest differences are the aiming time and the shape of the aiming circle. You really need pre aim so you would be fully aimed when enemies get spotted. And the aiming circle resembles more what the Hummel has, although now that I think of it, it might been just the maps fault. I was on Cliff shooting from lower ground. But in any case it is less accurate, still not as much I thought it would be. This all based on the one match I played.

The XL spall liner works great I have to say. Played around with E-100 and Maus (3x E-100 and 3x Maus platoons ftw!) FV215 183 (TD) shot on the side of my Maus with HESH while angled, about 300 dmg give or take. For those who don't know the avg dmg of the HESH shell is 1750. Tier 9 about 2-6 meters from me in Maus, only track dmg. It reduces the splash damage very effectively, that coupled with the slower aiming and worse accuracy of arties means that the superheavies are safer from arty now Smile .

HEAT nerf? I like! Makes playing the Maus and E-100 more interesting now as HEAT is not point and click against them anymore. Side armour can eat HEAT shells and poorly aimed the bounce more now. Bottom line, armour matters more in high tiers now. But with the high penetration TDs around it's still not ideal, but going in a better direction at least.

Accuracy buff? It's noticeable, for some reason more on the move than when stationary. Definitely less of those "I couldn't hit a Maus from 10 meters!" moments.

Instructor
Deputy Commander
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah, but what about "How on earth did I hit that WZ-132 while moving at 60 kph with AM 13 90 while 200m away??" Very Happy
Anyways, I was really surprised how weak Maus' LFP is against E-100 gold shells. I thought it was waaay stronger... Crying or Very sad

INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zed22 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:18 pm

does HE shell still useful against uk TD line ? ( like AT2 , AT8 , AT7 and etc )
zed22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:00 pm

It is me or actually i have bounces on the tracks ?
Etairos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:16 pm

Etairos wrote:It is me or actually i have bounces on the tracks ?
Me too lol
At first I was like wtf? But then I guess it's better to say "We bounced them" than "PENETRATION!!" Smile

INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Opa_Apo on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:21 am

I found in the 8.6 notes following: "To avoid side-effects of having nearly invisible TD's, it was decided to decrease the overall camouflage bonuses provided by bushes and fallen trees."
And i had in mind that fallen trees just behave like there were not any more there. So i researched and found out that i missed something in 8.2 patch: "Fallen trees are counted as masking cover (like bushes) for the visibility system (fallen trees were excluded from the calculation of visibility earlier)."
So if anybody missed this like me, now you know.
Here two links (no idea how accurate they are), 1-camo-values for fallen trees and 2-visibility ranges and camo effect on spotting with and without firing.
1) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Au-0ejftw524dDZKTUxTTzR1Vlg5XzQ1WGYwTFNkdmc
2) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au-0ejftw524dEd4a0hURjB3eTV5SE1vX1RBVlJDSlE#gid=2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:53 am

Vampir_Kifla wrote:
Etairos wrote:It is me or actually i have bounces on the tracks ?
Me too lol
At first I was like wtf? But then I guess it's better to say "We bounced them" than "PENETRATION!!" Smile
Yeah i actually thought that it really bounced but they did pen no dmg E100 and KV1 are beasts with the tracks counted as spaced armors
Etairos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:54 am

Also i like the changes on widepark and i think they changed fjords too
Etairos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:02 am

Etairos wrote:Also i like the changes on widepark and i think they changed fjords too
The whole "heavy corner" on Fjords is now pretty much arty safe and there is a sweet hull down spot for the base on the right side. Also now on Widepark both sides can be scouted from the middle which is nice Very Happy

INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:08 am

Vampir_Kifla wrote:
Etairos wrote:Also i like the changes on widepark and i think they changed fjords too
The whole "heavy corner" on Fjords is now pretty much arty safe and there is a sweet hull down spot for the base on the right side. Also now on Widepark both sides can be scouted from the middle which is nice Very Happy
Yeah the train positions on widepark i think are better than before (imo always)and i fjords i think they changed the elevetion of the hill at d5/6/7?
Etairos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Opa_Apo wrote:I found in the 8.6 notes following: "To avoid side-effects of having nearly invisible TD's, it was decided to decrease the overall camouflage bonuses provided by bushes and fallen trees."
"Fallen trees are counted as masking cover (like bushes) for the visibility system (fallen trees were excluded from the calculation of visibility earlier)."
Fallen trees as camo are double edged swords. You can probably scout passively from them, but fallen trees take attention of good artys to blind shot on those area. Or if enemy camp hard to look at those spots if they see shell traces, so be careful around those.

Daeworn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:23 am

That can also work in your favour Smile I often knock down tress in somewhere I'm not going to set up, to confuse and disorient the enemy arty!

Positively the WORST place to learn about tenks!
we_just_dinged_em

View user profile http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:56 am

montyburns1982 wrote:That can also work in your favour Smile I often knock down tress in somewhere I'm not going to set up, to confuse and disorient the enemy arty!

This is a funny idea and I have executed just a couple of times. Didn't really had effect, but it might just confuse.
I think I should apply this tactic more when I'm playing meds.
CountOfTuscany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:59 pm

montyburns1982 wrote:That can also work in your favour Smile I often knock down tress in somewhere I'm not going to set up, to confuse and disorient the enemy arty!

this I usually do if there are structures, like some wood or fence on highway, destroy few and then move to next square, usually enemy do not counter arty me there then

CountOfTuscany wrote:
This is a funny idea and I have executed just a couple of times. Didn't really had effect, but it might just confuse.
I think I should apply this tactic more when I'm playing meds.

it works great in cap-zone, like in encounter in sand river ...you kill few houses and than stay in open, arty usually waste few blind-shots in village, before (if) scouts spot you

Daeworn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Opa_Apo on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:52 pm

Daeworn wrote:
Opa_Apo wrote:I found in the 8.6 notes following: "To avoid side-effects of having nearly invisible TD's, it was decided to decrease the overall camouflage bonuses provided by bushes and fallen trees."
"Fallen trees are counted as masking cover (like bushes) for the visibility system (fallen trees were excluded from the calculation of visibility earlier)."
Fallen trees as camo are double edged swords. You can probably scout passively from them, but fallen trees take attention of good artys to blind shot on those area. Or if enemy camp hard to look at those spots if they see shell traces, so be careful around those.

Other team members already said everything important i suppose, but I'm answering just to show i still follwo the topic. Thanks for the tip Daeworn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top