by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Hiya from Flash64

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hiya from Flash64

Post  flash64 on Wed May 15, 2013 6:30 am

Just a quick introduction,

I am 43 and quite addicted to this game. Ignoring the bad bits and enjoying the good bits.
Initially I noticed WOT when it first came out but I did not manage to install it properly and gave up.

Fast forward till about a year ago , I came across the game again. Having a new PC I tried it and this time I managed.
I was well over 50 games before I got my first kill. (cramped mouse hand , bug eyed ,.. mumbling die, B*****D, die !)

Just like most people I looked how to get to one of the most iconic tanks and bumbled my way to the Tiger.
Unfortunately it was not the autowin I hoped for and it got sold to finance other projects.( I will buy it back and try it again)

After a few months of gaming I had a misplaced idea that I could hold my own .My win rate was about 48% .
And of course the only reason that I lost so many games was always something else , MM ,bad teams , OP tanks or even just bad luck. But never me.
There was a lot of raging going on. And tanking became less fun. I was so frustrated that I could not improve.
I even stopped playing for a couple of months.

Could not stay away for long though as I really liked the game when I started. So I slowly begun playing .
Starting over again with the low tiers.
I found out that if you want to improve you need to be honest with yourself and admit that losing is often your own fault.
I started to watch videos, read forums and tried to apply what i have seen and my win rate crept up.
And winning is fun.

I am now always trying to find information, videos or even piggybacking on another player when I am dead to learn more.
I am really excited that I could join you all, and add to my skills and knowledge.

Expect loads of questions !! Smile

Cheerio

I just checked my garage and i love the little SGTA emblem on my tanks! Smile
flash64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hiya from Flash64

Post  Ding760 on Wed May 15, 2013 6:44 am

From reading your introduction I can already tell we will get along fabulously Very Happy

I particularly liked your realization that in the end it wasn't your team/external factors that caused the defeat, but that you yourself contributed to it. I went through the same process, and now I ALWAYS believe I can single-handedly turn the tide of the battle if it's necessary...and believe me, once you have that mindset, you do manage to do exactly that a lot of the time.

I would love to take you around for a spin and see what you can do sometime! (But this week I have exams, maybe next week)

Questions is the essence of what makes us human I think, without it, we'd be no better than beasts. Ask away!!!

And I know...I love our emblem too! It's so small and clean and neat and....
Ding760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Godzerian on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:20 am

[quote="I found out that if you want to improve you need to be honest with yourself and admit that losing is often your own fault."]

This is why you called your team mates "pathetic loosers" tonight?

Godzerian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:31 am

He never said it is 100% the case. While I do not condone blaming your teammates, I do acknowledge (as should all) that there are times when it's your own fault and there are times when it's entirely the rest of the team's fault.

Sometimes when it's the rest of the team's fault it is quite difficult to restrain yourself from distasteful language.

While I do understand the temptation to curse and swear, I would like to remind all that SGTA operates a low tolerance level for students who engage in regular swearing to the extend of offending other players. Complaints against a student in this regard is taken very seriously and will warrant a warning or action in most cases.

But if it's all in good humour then it's ok :3....or is it? lol
Ding760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:43 am

[quote="Godzerian"]
I found out that if you want to improve you need to be honest with yourself and admit that losing is often your own fault. wrote:

A person without flaws can't improve. My own temper could use improvement as well at times when the frustration about the utterly retarded displays available to me on my public match gets the upper hand.

Now to turn the tables around to another matter: how do we,as a clan, treat public shaming? This is after all a prime example. More than two months after this intro post comes a post with but one purpose: to take the moral high ground and shame the original poster with his apparent failure in holding up to his own standards.

HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:46 am

Aye, I agree with HowTheStoryEnds. Deliberate naming and shaming is unnecessary and frankly not much tolerated in SGTA.

SGTA has a tried and tested robust system for dealing with complaints of this nature which is to report it to a Deputy Commander in SGTA. If the issue is too small or unnecessary to raise with one of them, then it's not worth a mention on the forums either.

This kind of contrdiction is not good for anybody and only serves to ruin relations within SGTA, so please think twice before posting in future to everyone. Thank you!
Ding760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top