» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Thanks Kawa! :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thanks Kawa! :)

Post  Rancidpunk on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Kawa for a brilliant and informative evening of one on one instruction and platooning!

3 or 4 training battles against her Maus with my E100 firing gold and normal shells, I was obliterated in every game with ease. Not at all surprisingly to me, I suspected I would be and after the first battle I switched into instant student mode.
A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing and to discover I've been firing the wrong type of ammo at the weakspots on a Maus because I didn't do more than look at the pictures when I was teaching myself stuff about different tanks weakspots made me realise I've got a lot of reading to do just for a start.

Hopefully the replays will get posted soon with my full approval Wink

I think I didn't look as pathetic when we random platooned later, Kawa your stats may have taken a hammering but mine all went up so thanks for that and I really will try and remember to stop chasing enemies that little bit too far as I am prone to do Smile

Anyway, enough of telling the world how crap I am, if any of you get the chance take Kawa up on anything she offers, you'll learn loads I promise you!

Oh and in case anyone thinks I'm a pushover after watching the replays feel free to challenge me any time to one on one, double dare you! (except Kawa of course) Smile
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Kawa! :)

Post  HowTheStoryEnds on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 am

yeah it's true, she's insanely good and an awesome teacher. She taught me a few basic concepts, like how to use depression, and my game has improved 100-fold since then and because of that.
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:04 am

Angling for me, I tried it, it worked and I managed to hold a whole flank attack off long enough, taking 24 hits in my KT and feeling like a noob moron for not learning properly earlier. I've taken that many hits before but through luck way more than good judgement!
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:43 am

Meh... maybe I need to lower my criterias. I found myself in a rage induced marathon that left me devastated. I get extremely frustrated when my ratings fall below 2000... whom I believe is around super unicum or so, but I've been at a steady rating of 2000 for most parts. However, I realize that in order to really get high ratings... all you need to do is to drive a T57 and spam HEAT like nuts, or farm T29/vk3601H konish.

Back to top Go down

or...

Post  lazydot on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 am

Kawashiro wrote:[...]However, I realize that in order to really get high ratings... all you need to do is to drive a T57 and spam HEAT like nuts, or farm T29/vk3601H konish.
- Or play solo exclusively (more DpG, more KpG at least for good players), since KpG+DpG with couple of def points is where the majority of WN7 and noobmeter EFF comes from.
- Or play more on weekends (more bad teams, more DpG, more KpG).
- Play less TC's and CW's (they lower every of your stat except of maybe WR).
- Or just play good and concentrated in general.

There are couple of tanks, where you get "rewarded" with very high EFF/WN7/Noobmeter-EFF for being just good-great, whereas the stats will indicate you was outstanding player among the 0.01% gods and not only 0.1% unicorns, like amx 50 100 for example (just do close to 2k DpB in it, which is a bit more than doing 6 damaging shots per game - 1-2 clips...).

However, what I have noticed myself is, playing different tanks over the course of a wot "session", if I do OK, my stats (EFF, WN7, NoobMeter-EFF, in this order) will be around 1600-1750-1850, if I do great, it will be around 1700-1900-2000, but if I'm playing amazing, it will be 1800+, 2200+, 2400+.

So overall, yes, some tanks like t57-heatzer make it to easy (autoaim+burst..skill? Wait, what?), but overall all of the stats are pretty accurate if you think about your own performance over that session (use wotlabs or noobmeter to track it).
lazydot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:29 am

Well, for example, on certain tanks, I really cannot find ways to really improve ratings. SU-101 for example, if you play it as its meant to be played (cannot take fire at all, have to wait for enemies to enter you firing range, have to battle from a distance with a miserable gun), you risk not getting anything because your team is decent. On the other hand, if you rush forwards, you might get some damage done, but you're toast in 2 shots. Maus is the same, you risk having the battle finished already before you enter the battle, and Maus is even worse in sense that it's a distractor more than a real tank, thus you don't get rewarded for the countless of allies you've potentially saved. It's quite frustrating that some people farm the same tank over and over just to get their ratings high simply because those tanks are good at farming ratings.

Back to top Go down

not 100%

Post  lazydot on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:54 am

Some tanks are more suited (like 50-60% of tanks) than others to "farm" ratings.

But at current game state, tanks with speed+mobilty+high DPM and/or burst are those, who can do the most, decide the battles, win the battles. If you add a bit of armour to it (think of t-54 or top tier type 59), they become basically OP if the driver is good enough to exploit the strong sides of them.

If you play Maus in the current "meta game", where everyone but a few out of gold will switch to gold if you just see you coming, there is no point playing it, its UP, I can't imagine a way even a freaking great player can compensate for the weaknesses of the tank to do great with it over course of all random maps.

So what's the point playing it then? I mean, yes you like it maybe or still like its old no-gold-amo-era state, but if you like it really that much, you gotta ignore stats and play for fun or for your own masochistic joys or just stick to mobile stuff instead, which are also so called "stats-farmer" often.

Stats farmer are not only stats farmer, they tent to do better than other tanks, because of the superior mobility, size, DPM/burst, while losing only slightly with weaker armour. They are usually more fun to play, win you more games, thus some people keep playing them. Being able to decide more games for you, being able to have more fun for me.
lazydot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:46 am

I wrote a 2 page reply, browser crashed, long story short,

Maus used to reward skill, very evident in angling knowledge and weakspot knowledge due to low gun pen and bad accuracy. Now, knowledge portion removed, needs 6 shots with combined reload time of 75 seconds to come close to pulling its own weight compared to 1 clip from batchat or foch 155.

T57, combines strenghts of T110E5 and AMX 50B, impenetratable turret top makes it hull down attacker with autoloader with T110E5 accuracy and HEAT shells = bullshit.

E-100 makes Maus redundant, due to stronger turret and non-integrated tracks = better sidescraping + better firepower due to gold shelling high damage gun
(15 sec reload time for 360mm pen 750 dmg compared to 13 sec reload time for 248mm pen 490 dmg gun)

BTW, fun fact: Even with buff, E-100 remained on the bottom in terms of performance. It was not until the huge 50% of sale in february, that E-100 rose to 3rd place behind T57 and T110E5 today.

After february, the ranking went from

T57
T110E5
IS7
Maus
AMX 50B
IS-4
E-100
Fv215B (because nobody knew how to play it)
Not sure where 113 was

Into

T57
T110E5
E-100
IS-4
AMX 50B
FV215B
Maus
IS-7

Now, not surprisingly, IS-7 and Maus have the worst gold shells for their tier (300mm pen and 312 I believe), so I'm very sure gold shells have alot to say.
E-100 has 360 something, whereas the British have around 360 as well. The US tanks have 386mm pen while the chinese and IS-4 have 400.
Now, if we compare this to the previous rankings, we clearly see that while T57 and T110E5 were just good at what they were doing, the Maus and IS-7, both armor reliant tanks, fell from the higher ends into biting the dust, while the tanks with high damage output, special armor areas (IS-4 turret frontally is thicker than IS-7 and E-100 turret is stronger than maus) rose to the top. I still believe FV215B is filled with retards playing them because I have 2000 rating with it, as long as you play it like a mobile Maus, it's very strong. Now we all know IS-7 is a newbie hole because almost every newbie is advised to go for that line first, but Maus is not the case. Ausf A and Ausf B are some of the harder tanks of their tier to play well, and Maus is probably one of the hardest tanks to play in the game, this means the people playing this tank usually are people who know their stuff, but knowledge cannot compensate for the limitations set by the game.

Back to top Go down

well

Post  lazydot on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 am

You see? You answered your "farm" tanks thesis yourself.

But before I forget it, I will try out Maus on test server myself, maybe I could judge it better and not only as slow juicy target to shot at.

I tried E-100, got only city maps with it every game, no matter how hard I tried to get to Malinovka or El Halluf with it..once I got Mines but uh..no arty, just drove up the hill Very Happy

E-100..uh my goodness, alone the sound it makes firing at something..I loved that beast very much, even though I got blamed and called all imaginable names from Russian kids for playing it. Well 10 minutes later, 6k damage done, 5 kills, 1 of the last 2 men standing...t-30 suggesting to cap.."nopes, I go scout arty!" and I did Very Happy

EDIT after your 2nd replay:
Another thing is, why "bothering" to be freaking awesome in a tank like Maus to get "good" results, if you can be good with say t-54/t-57 and getting "freaking awesome" results done, paying less attention, concentrating less, doing less efforts overall? At least from the points of "stats-farming" and "game influence" in favor of your team.
lazydot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:48 am

But you do see how E-100 atm makes Maus redundant with its gold shells. E-100 was supposed to be the small tank stomper, with very high firepower against soft targets such as tier X mediums or specific tier X tanks at close range such as IS-4, 113 etc. Maus was supposed to be the ultimate counter to E-100 as except for the flat surfaces, E-100 cannot pen Maus anywhere except the rare lower plate hits. Now, E-100 can easily fight Maus by firing HE into the periscope hole, dealing 400-500 dmg per shot, but that requires knowledge. Maus on the other hand, needed knowledge about angling, and shooting the rangefinder bar, so 1 on 1 Maus has an advantage, but far from impossible fight for E-100, plus E-100 makes up for its inability to properly fight Maus at close range by being better against other targets.
Maus main advantage is that it doesn't have any specific extreme weakspots, for example, the T110E5 has the axles showing between the main hull and the tracks from the front (it has 0 armor), IS-7 has the drivers slit and cupola (extremely tiny targets), and IS-4 has that tiny cupola too. This along with Maus having thicker armor on its weakspots than the weakspots on other tier X, meant it was mainly an armored fortress against lower tier tanks. This was especially true before the introduction of the new tier X tanks. Every new tank line has much higher pen than Maus, while Maus was introduced in a stage where one had to abuse its lack of mobility in order to defeat it, this was done by IS-7 facehugging, T-54 siding, IS-4/IS-7 siding, teamwork to bring down Maus. This was usually done by forcing an enemy tank to take a shot in order for the team to bring it down. Even in the first tutorials, they introduced the Maus trap, where several lower tier tanks were used to block it in place, and allow damage dealing tanks to destroy it safely. However, now that you don't really face any lower tier tanks than 8, and the average penetration of the tier 8 heavies are near 300 with gold shells, Maus lost its main spot in a battle, namely being a huge ass distraction and pain to remove.
This is also further complicated by the fact that while T30, IS-7 and Maus have low DPM (all have about 2200), all the new tanks have much higher dpm. Object 268 has over 3500, T62A has 3000 or so, T110E5 has near 3000, T57 has near 3000, in general, most of the new tanks have between 20-30% higher firepower than the ancient beasts. This makes the job of Maus even less effective, as it loses much of its main function, being a distraction.

Back to top Go down

yep

Post  lazydot on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 am

I see and agree. Thats also why I wrote "you gotta ignore stats and play for fun or for your own masochistic joys" in previous post :-)

BTW, I just got to test server on EU1, come join me, no wait time! :-)
lazydot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum