» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Emric's occasional wonderful replays

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emric's occasional wonderful replays

Post  Emric on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:59 am

In the ingame chatbox I witnessed a conversation regarding the Matilda II. Must say: a very enjoyable tank to me. I have two replays in my library. One featuring the Matilda, one Churchill VII. If you master the Matilda, in my opinion you'll master the Churchills as well.

So, taking off with the Tilly. Encounter battle on "Steppes". Left flank is left unprotected so I feel the urge to attend. Not much opposition on my flank, defended, pushed, made use of opportunities ( Hetzer) and had to decap since team-mates were very slow to react even when I made their way to the capzone free by attacking the force (1 tank) blocking them.

Fun game to me, pay attention to the accuracy and rate of fire of the top gun on this tank.

Feel free to comment.

Another Tilly. This time the premium L_L with the Sovjet gun. If you have the patience wait for a regular half price offer from WG and buy it for 750 gold. It's worth it imo.
About the replay:
Matilda Lend Lease on Sand River. Started well but lost Situational Awareness between 3rd and 5th kill. I knew the T-28 was somewhere in my back but thought I was covered by teammates. Never think so Smile
I was lucky the opposing Matilda and Churchill mk.I did not have their top gun and did not coordinate their action. On a certain point I was receiving so much incoming fire I thought I wouldn't pull it off. That's when I loaded APCR and I'm not ashamed of it.

Last edited by Emric on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling, added replay)
Emric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Emric's occasional wonderful replays

Post  Ding760 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 am

Nice! 8 kills in Matilda, wow!
Ding760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Emric on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Ding760 wrote:Nice! 8 kills in Matilda, wow!

Thank you Ding!
The replay is not that much about making 8 kills but, more or less, about the Matilda's possibilities Embarassed
Also being a stepping stone to the British heavy line although the Valentine is better suited to get used to the heavy Churchills sharing with it the horrible gun declination Crying or Very sad
Anyway, SGTA has a fair amount of players who, like I am, are still battling in the lower tiers and by watching this vid might consider to choose the British line instead of the dominating Russian or German ones.
Emric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another one.

Post  Emric on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Edited and added replay OP
Emric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:00 am

Emric wrote:
Anyway, SGTA has a fair amount of players who, like I am, are still battling in the lower tiers and by watching this vid might consider to choose the British line instead of the dominating Russian or German ones.

I like the way you think. You considered going for the British line and is doing some much needed PR for that line.

In my truly honest opinion, the British line is not the sort of line players go to to get shot at and expect to not die. In quite a few ways, the British line plays a bit like the Chinese line, in which neither line's tanks can withstand heavy punishment. I understand the British higher tier meds are more heavily armored, and I consider them an exception. The Matilda too is an exception for lower tiers.

The British line I think is characterized by a highly deadly gun efficient at dispatching enemies with haste. It's rare to see a British gun not penetrating an enemy tank.

So yes I agree, the British line is one for those players that are proficient at hiding yet managing to do lots of damage nevertheless. To be honest...I think Harald_Brinkhof would make good use of the British line, his playstyle certainly suits it.
Ding760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top