» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Begin the process...

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Begin the process...

Post  Sapaki on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:20 am

Hello Kagaroodoo,

I am the admissions officer of the clan. There are two things that seem to pose a problem with your application. One is that there is a 1k battle minimum in order to join the academy. This is quite easy to overcome, all you have to do is play some more.

On the other hand, being 14 years old is a much bigger issue. Four years below the required age is a bit too much to ask. We have made exceptions in the past, but these where people that where 16 or 17 years old. And even when we have made these exceptions, we have regretted for it on quite a few cases.

Last week only, we originaly refused an underaged candidate, he insisted, we proposed a trial to see if he was up to the task, he took the trial with one of our instructors, we sent him an invite and found out that he had joined another clan the next day from his trial. Not quite the behaviour of an adult. Guys like him only made it more difficult for us to make such exceptions.

What I suggest you do is that you stick around with us for a while (classes are available for non clan-members too), take some classes, stay close to the academy, get a good battle count, and if we are 100% sure that you would fit in (this might take a while), we will let you know and probably drop you an invite. 

Even if you are not a member of SGTA, you will still find out that staying around the clan and following clan activities will greatly improve your game. Don't focus on the invite. Focus on learning. The invite is secondary.

Kind regards

Sapaki

@MediKron: your application is still being processed, you will get a reply to your application within the next 24h and if everything is in order, an invite will soon follow.
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kangaroodoo on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:39 am

Well, thank you very much for just taking the time to read and reply on my post. I clearly can see underaged players might not be the ones you are waiting for to train, especcialy if even 17yo players can still be kinda childish ; )
I sure will keep this site in my toolbar, keep improving my gameplay, and (though i do not exactly know how much time i will spend to this) will try to stay close to SGTA and the forums. Maybe, one day, I'll be old enough and still willing to learn (and of course, if you are willing to train me ; ) ). Until that time, I'll do try my best developing my own skills. I dont know yet how much i'll be playing once im 16-20; at the age of 16 i hope to graduate and go to an university; dont know if i still will be the gamer-type i am now, now i have so much free time.

Anyways, thanks for responding and maybe we will talk again later ; )

Greetings for now,

Kangaroodoo

Kangaroodoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  8XxXMaSTeRxXx8 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:45 am

In Game Nickname: 8XxXMaSTeRxXx8
Age: 17 almost 18 - 2 moths left(Hope it is not a problem.)
Usable Languages: English; Bulgarian; can understand Russian but cant speak it.
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekdays (UTC=forum clock): 13 - 15 I am have pretty busy with school lately and cant always play a lot. I also tend to leave the game running while I am not playing or simply doing homework and playing a game or 2 while resting. ...and I am not always in the mood to play with other people No ..sorry..
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekends (UTC=forum clock): Really random.
Previous Clan: BGG; 2BGPZ (really dont want to comment)
Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ): dont have a favorite but I play best with HTs and TDs and suck hard with arty.
Tanks Owned : IS-3; Tiger 2; KV-4; T32; VK 45.02 A; T-44; Ferdinand and bunch other lower tiers. Have E-75; IS-8 and ST-I unlocked but dont feel ready for them.
Win Rate : 54.30%
Match Played : 9,690
How did You hear about SGTA?: from Circonflexes`s stream in the chat
Why are you applying to SGTA: I want to improve my ingame skills and have fun.

8XxXMaSTeRxXx8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Application to Clan

Post  Dekion79 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 pm

In Game Nickname: Dekion79 (Danny)
Usable Languages: English
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekdays (UTC=forum clock): 19:00-00:00
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekends (UTC=forum clock): adhoc due to family commitments but evenings
Previous Clan: ACRIT, K4K
Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ): Heavy and TD
Tanks Owned : IS-3 (30k off the IS-Cool, T34, T32, Tiger II, Jagdtiger 8.8. SU-152, T25/2, T29, Hellcat, KV-1S, Cromwell, AM 12t, T21 - have also kept the Matilda for TC's
Win Rate : 53.63%
Match Played : 4389
How did You hear about SGTA?: In a roundabout way, from Godjira - i saw his clan tag change when he was online last and i thought i'd check out his new clan
Why are you applying to SGTA: i originally started playing the game with a few friends i've gamed with for a long time. We started our own clan with a view of eventually having a go at the Clan Wars - this didn't work out as none of us have the time anymore to do some proper recruitment. We merged partially with K4K as they were established and are a great bunch. I finally got to have a go at TC's but was frustrated with how it was organised (simply get 10 people together and play). I'd prefer to practice and get to know my team mates before doing this, and despite suggesting this it didn't really happen with any frequency.

I'd like to join a clan i can learn and develop with, i've come some of the way myself but feel i can learn more from those who are better and more experienced. I'm good humoured and easy to get along with and want to find a clan with the right balance of enjoying the game (as it is a game at the end of the day) as well as taking the time to go through tactics and the essentials of working together as a unit (gelling so to speak). From the initial things i've read, this looks the place to do that. I'm relatively new to WoT, but not to clan life (dating back to UT, RTCW and ET/CoD) so have seen clans that work and those that don't. The fact you guys have been around since May 2012 says a lot to me Smile

Hopefully you'll consider me (I've had a few games with Godjira too - i like his tanking style and approach to the game from what i've seen - if he was drawn here it must have been for a good reason i'm guessing Smile)

Dekion79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:21 pm

To all applicants: All applications will be processed later tonight.

The admissions officer
Sapaki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:42 am

Hello MediKronRajahz, 8XxXMaSTeRxXx8, Dekion79 

Your applications have been processed and you will receive an invite from SGTA2 within the next 24hrs.

In the meanwhile, before you join, please read these two topics: 

http://sgta.pro-forum.co.uk/t359-mission-statement

and

http://sgta.pro-forum.co.uk/t120-how-things-work-here-aka-read-this

Remember, joining the AcademyHQ channel ingame is mandatory for all SGTA members. 

You will also  be assigned a "guide" who will show you the ropes during your first couple of weeks in the clan so that you do not swim into deep waters. You should contact him as soon as you can and arrange to meet him online, preferably on TS. The guide program is explained in this topic:

http://sgta.pro-forum.co.uk/t936-sgta-guide-program

MediKron, your guide is Madhias. Make sure you get in touch with him (via pm or directly ingame).

Rajahz, your guide is Brainfarter. Make sure you get in touch with him (via pm or directly ingame).

8XxXMaSTeRxXx8, your guide is RoninRage. Make sure you get in touch with him (via pm or directly ingame).

Dekion79, since you already know Godjira he will serve as your guide here. Make sure to get in touch with him, and tell him to contact one of the lead guides (IronClaw or Brainfarter) in order to fill him in concerning his guide duties.

Be active members, don't be shy, ask questions, browse our forums (lot's of info here) and participate in classes and TC's. We hold Tc's twice a week usually (during August maybe once a week). Some CW battles are planned as well, and later on some regular 7/42 sessions.

Welcome to the clan and see you on the battlefield
Sapaki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Begin the Process

Post  conisboro on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Admin,

Am sending this again as I realised that I didn't complete fully last time :-(

In Game Nickname: conisboro
Usable Languages: Englich, Italian, French
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekdays (UTC=forum clock): 1400 - 1700; 2000 - 2200
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekends (UTC=forum clock): 2000 - 2200
Previous Clan: none
Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ): Mediums or heavies that play like mediums
Tanks Owned :
France: AMX 50 100, FCM 50 t, AMX 50 120
Germany: Aufklärungspanzer Panther, Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger, Pz.Kpfw. Tiger II
UK: Matilda, Cromwell, Centurion Mk. I
USA: T21, T20, M26 Pershing, T32
USSR: KV-13, T-43, KV-1S, IS-3, IS-6
Win Rate : 47.8%
Match Played : 7600
How did You hear about SGTA?: A PointyHairedJedi video
Reasons to Join. I'd really like to improve my game play and at some time in the future to be able to give something back to the community. I have been at this level for some time and am struggling to know what to do to get better. Also I really like the ethos of WoT. One of the things that disappoints me about WoT is the way people trash talk and disparage other players, when really most everyone is doing their best. As a result I keep to myself in game, don't (rarely) respond to trash talk and try to do my best to see how the game is developing and to go where needed by the team.

All the very best
conisboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:45 pm

To all applicants,

the recruitment process will be delayed for a couple of days up until a week, due to lack of guiding spots for new recruits. You will be all be gradually recruited as soon as spots open up.

Regards,

The Admissions Officer
Sapaki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Application

Post  AcidRulZ on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:09 pm

In Game Nickname: AcidRulZ
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekdays (UTC=forum clock): 1600-1900
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekends (UTC=forum clock): 1300-2100
Previous Clan: None
Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ): Just started out wot, not really sure yet, love scouts but now having fun in the mediums and esp TD's.
Tanks Owned : Current: Marder II, Pz III A, M2 medium, M2 light, T82, T7, Matilda, Crusier IV
Win Rate : 49.64
Match Played : 1259 (small correction here should be matches played)
How did You hear about SGTA?: On wot eu forum read through the orignal thread
Why are you applying to SGTA: Well when i started out WOT with a friend, we tried learing from diffrent forums and all, but as i have played several online games before this, i know it is always better to have someone teach you, so you can learn from their mistakes and experiences. There is no better teacher than experience. I did read alot of guides and forums but the opinion is so varied and scattred that this seemed to be a more accutare and concise database to learn fast and really get better at this game. Already read up on what hull down, side scraping is but if someone shows me in what maps to use which tanks how effectively, i think i can pick that up rather quickly. So all in all i just want to join the caln so i can get better and learn from better players.

Hoping to hear from you soon
An earnest gamer!

AcidRulZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:36 am

conisboro,

I will drop an invite for you and I will get a guide for you as soon as I can find one. 

Your application has been processed and you will receive an invite from SGTA within the next 24hrs.

and

Remember, joining the AcademyHQ channel ingame is mandatory for all SGTA members. 

You will also  be assigned a "guide" who will show you the ropes during your first couple of weeks in the clan so that you do not swim into deep waters. You should contact him as soon as you can and arrange to meet him online, preferably on TS. The guide program is explained in this topic:

Your guide will be assigned to you shortly as no guides are currently available. Make sure you get in touch with your guide (via pm or directly ingame) when you are assigned one.

Be an active member, don't be shy, ask questions, browse our forums (lot's of info here) and participate in classes and TC's. We hold Tc's twice a week usually (during August maybe once a week).

Welcome to the clan and see you on the battlefield
Sapaki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 am

conisboro,

your guide is Brainfarter. Get in touch with him as soon as you can.

Acid, you will get an invite as soon as a guide has freed up for you.

Cheers
Sapaki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcidRulZ on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:49 am

Sapaki wrote:conisboro,

your guide is Brainfarter. Get in touch with him as soon as you can.

Acid, you will get an invite as soon as a guide has freed up for you.

Cheers
Yay thanks!

AcidRulZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Application

Post  im_so_pants_at_this on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:14 am

In Game Nickname: im_so_pants_at_this
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekdays (UTC=forum clock): Currently 1430 to 1900 but in a few weeks will be 1900 to 2200
Time of the day you are usually ingame weekends (UTC=forum clock): Currently same as week but again in a few weeks will be pretty much all day
Previous Clan: COBRA
Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ): ... TDs and heavies. I can play mediums but tend to be erratic in them
Tanks Owned : ... I have 50 tanks in the garage from tier 1 to 10, including KV1S, Hellcat, KV1, AT2, AT15, Tortoise, T29, T30, IS7, T54, T62A, Ferdinand, Cromawell, Centurion 1 and 7/1. I also have unlocked, but not bought, a T110E5, a Death Star and an FV215b. I also have 2 tier 8 premiums - JT88 and T34.
Win Rate : ... 49.32%
Match Played : ... 12358
How did You hear about SGTA?: Initially one of my former clanmates joined. More recently from watching PointyHairedJedi's videos
Why are you applying to SGTA: When I first started playing I thought I was better than I was. It was around my 5k game mark that I learned about things like XVM, WN7 etc. When I looked at my stats I realised I was a total noob and resolved to improve my game. I started watching videos on YouTube by people like Jingles, Nethervvoid, Quickybaby, and PHJ. I have improved a lot, to the point where my 60 day stats give me a WN7 of 1350 and a WR of 51.63%. However I feel that I have gone about as far as I can go being "self taught" and would like the extra knowledge that only proper tuition can give to push me to the next level.

im_so_pants_at_this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:12 am

Hello im_so_pants_at_this

I am the admissions officer of the clan.

Your application has been processed and you will receive an invite from SGTA within the next 24hrs. Just noticed you are still on a cooldown. Notify me via pm when your cooldown is over so that I send you an invite for SGTA.

and

You will also be assigned a "guide" who will show you the ropes during your first couple of weeks in the clan so that you do not swim into deep waters. You should contact him as soon as you can and arrange to meet him online, preferably on TS. The guide program is explained in this topic:

Your guide is Brainfarter.Make sure you get in touch with him (via pm or directly ingame).

Be an active member, don't be shy, ask questions, browse our forums (lot's of info here) and participate in classes and TC's. We hold Tc's twice a week usually (during August maybe once a week).

Welcome to the clan and see you on the battlefield.
Sapaki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  im_so_pants_at_this on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi Sapaki,

Thanks for having me. Only left my previous clan late last night, didn't realise tere was a cool down period! As soon as it is over I will let you know. Again thanks for inviting me and I look forward to learning the lessons.

im_so_pants_at_this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top