Chatbox
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am


Racing games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Racing games

Post  Vallu01 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:59 am

Just interested if anyone else in SGTA is playing any racing games? With racing season coming to an end here in Finland I have to find other ways to satisfy my need for racing. I tend to like more sim-racing games but like some arcade games also.

So anyone else who would like to do some online racing?

_________________
Skill is not an unlock

Instructor
Deputy Commander
avatar
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Posts : 950
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : The Cold North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  nilzatron on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:59 am

I used to, but my current desk isn't suited to it at all. Can't even fit my wheel properly.
avatar
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Posts : 276
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 43
Location : Lands of Nether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  zed22 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:22 pm

my normal game ( before coming to free to play )was racing game ( first game i play nfs 3 )
avatar
zed22

Posts : 86
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Kostis_Larsson on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Haven't played a racing game since "Grand Prix 4".... any new good racing game to try ?
avatar
Kostis_Larsson

Posts : 52
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-06-03
Age : 40
Location : Athens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Sapaki on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:02 pm

I would be in for playing that race sim of yours, only I do not know much about setting the "car" properly. 

Also, can you reccomend a cheap but decent weel set for me to see if I could buy one because racing over the net seems fun to me and I would like to do it.
avatar
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Posts : 660
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2013-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Anonymous Proxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Kostis_Larsson on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Sapaki wrote:Also, can you reccomend a cheap but decent weel set for me to see if I could buy one because racing over the net seems fun to me and I would like to do it.
Check this one
http://www.public.gr/product/gaming/accessories/pc-controllers/steering-wheels/thrustmaster-ferrari-challenge-racing-wheel/prod3060396pp/
avatar
Kostis_Larsson

Posts : 52
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-06-03
Age : 40
Location : Athens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Vallu01 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:16 pm

Sapaki wrote:I would be in for playing that race sim of yours, only I do not know much about setting the "car" properly. 

Also, can you reccomend a cheap but decent weel set for me to see if I could buy one because racing over the net seems fun to me and I would like to do it.
Not playing any sim right now. I was thinking of starting to play iRacing again (the best sim available). For setting a car, there's a lot of good guides for that and ready setups also, depending on the sim of course and I should be able to help also Smile .

Decent cheap wheel set? Define decent ...and cheap. I have Driving Force GT, they go for around 100€ and it's nice wheel. Works with everything and you can easily use it with any table that's correct height for you. Whatever you buy you need 2 things. 1) Force Feedback (ffb), MUST HAVE. This is how you get the 'feeling' for the car. 2) Pedals and shifter. Should go without saying but not every wheel set has these. Shifter can either padels or a stick (usually a sequential shifter).

Oh man I really need play something now.

_________________
Skill is not an unlock

Instructor
Deputy Commander
avatar
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Posts : 950
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : The Cold North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Brainfarter on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Vallu01 wrote:
Oh man I really need play something now.
Just wait untill Monty finds this quote

_________________

The more I practice, the luckier I get
avatar
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Posts : 319
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 44
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Sapaki on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Ok i will define cheap for you: cheap as fuck!

I checked out the one Kostis proposed and it looks reasonably priced and has force feedback. I am only wondering if it is stable enough when attached to the table. 

As positive feedback i saw it was good price/value, as negative feedback I read that the weel and pedals are a bit small. So 30-40 Euros is a reasonable pricerange I think. 100 Euros is a bit too much.
avatar
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Posts : 660
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2013-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Anonymous Proxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Vallu01 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Kostis_Larsson wrote:
Sapaki wrote:Also, can you reccomend a cheap but decent weel set for me to see if I could buy one because racing over the net seems fun to me and I would like to do it.
Check this one
http://www.public.gr/product/gaming/accessories/pc-controllers/steering-wheels/thrustmaster-ferrari-challenge-racing-wheel/prod3060396pp/
That's one option if you want to go reeeaaally cheap. It has all you need, but every is bit worse than any other wheel. The mechanism it uses for ffb is really old and doesn't feel realistic from what I hear. But the good thing is since it would be your first wheel you won't know any of that!

It's good enough so that you can use it just fine and a decent first wheel. Almost any wheel is good enough. It's just when you get a taste what a good wheel is like, there's no going back.

_________________
Skill is not an unlock

Instructor
Deputy Commander
avatar
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Posts : 950
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : The Cold North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Vallu01 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Sapaki wrote:Ok i will define cheap for you: cheap as fuck!

I checked out the one Kostis proposed and it looks reasonably priced and has force feedback. I am only wondering if it is stable enough when attached to the table. 

As positive feedback i saw it was good price/value, as negative feedback I read that the weel and pedals are a bit small. So 30-40 Euros is a reasonable pricerange I think. 100 Euros is a bit too much.
Most of them are stable, if you don't manhandle them. I've never had any trouble myself. You might want to check how cheap you would get Driving Force Ex. That was my first wheel and still works well. I think it has better ffb than the thrustmaster. Hey I could sell you mine! (not joking)

_________________
Skill is not an unlock

Instructor
Deputy Commander
avatar
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Posts : 950
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : The Cold North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Vampir_Kifla on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:41 am

Was just about to propose Flatout 2 (would be awesome with 8 ppl smashing each other around Cool ), but then I read you are a sim-noob Razz 

_________________
avatar
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Posts : 242
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-02-08
Age : 24
Location : Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  we_just_dinged_em on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:07 am

Vallu01 wrote:Just interested if anyone else in SGTA is playing any racing games? With racing season coming to an end here in Finland I have to find other ways to satisfy my need for racing. I tend to like more sim-racing games but like some arcade games also.

So anyone else who would like to do some online racing?
I'd post that racing picture you like Vallu, but I nearly got banned last time.

_________________
www.wjde.eu

Positively the WORST place to learn about tenks!
avatar
we_just_dinged_em

Posts : 587
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2013-02-22
Age : 35
Location : Nottingham, UK

View user profile http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Kostis_Larsson on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:18 am

Which picture ?
avatar
Kostis_Larsson

Posts : 52
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-06-03
Age : 40
Location : Athens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Vallu01 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:19 am

Vampir_Kifla wrote:Was just about to propose Flatout 2 (would be awesome with 8 ppl smashing each other around Cool ), but then I read you are a sim-noob Razz 
I've played flatout 2 and flatout ultimate carnage too, good games in their own right. Arcade racers are good when I don't want to setup my wheelset or when playing with friends, much less concentration needed Wink

_________________
Skill is not an unlock

Instructor
Deputy Commander
avatar
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Posts : 950
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : The Cold North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  BehemothNL on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:06 am

I absolutely LOOOVE Flatout 2. And right now it's 75% off on Steam!
Sadly I lost the discs I had of it, but buying it from Steam for €2,49 is not that bad tbh

_________________
avatar
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Posts : 244
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 25
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Sapaki on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Kostis_Larsson wrote:Which picture ?
You really want to ask Monty which picture he means? really?
avatar
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Posts : 660
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2013-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Anonymous Proxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  we_just_dinged_em on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Seriously, if you want to see it so badly, send me a PM.

_________________
www.wjde.eu

Positively the WORST place to learn about tenks!
avatar
we_just_dinged_em

Posts : 587
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2013-02-22
Age : 35
Location : Nottingham, UK

View user profile http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Vampir_Kifla on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:25 pm

BehemothNL wrote:I absolutely LOOOVE Flatout 2. And right now it's 75% off on Steam!
Sadly I lost the discs I had of it, but buying it from Steam for €2,49 is not that bad tbh
Right then! You, Vallu and me are up for it for now. Looking for more ppl. Very Happy

Riiight, I can't find my disc either Embarassed 

_________________
avatar
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Posts : 242
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-02-08
Age : 24
Location : Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  BehemothNL on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Yea, just bought the Flatout bundle on Steam for 9.99. So I'm good to ram some guys of the road and most likely swing my driver out of the windshield!

_________________
avatar
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Posts : 244
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 25
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Vampir_Kifla on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:26 am

BehemothNL wrote:Yea, just bought the Flatout bundle on Steam for 9.99. So I'm good to ram some guys of the road and most likely swing my driver out of the windshield!
Can you play steam version with non steam?

_________________
avatar
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Posts : 242
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-02-08
Age : 24
Location : Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Vallu01 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:28 am

We seem to have mass disappearance of Flatout 2 dicsc...

Bought the bundle as well. I just realized I haven't played Flatout 3 Surprised 

_________________
Skill is not an unlock

Instructor
Deputy Commander
avatar
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Posts : 950
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : The Cold North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Vampir_Kifla on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:29 am

Vallu01 wrote:We seem to have mass disappearance of Flatout 2 dicsc...

Bought the bundle as well. I just realized I haven't played Flatout 3 Surprised 
I heard that F3 is utter crap. Wouldn't bother with it.

_________________
avatar
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Posts : 242
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-02-08
Age : 24
Location : Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  nilzatron on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:49 am

On the subject of arcade racing: I did quite enjoy Burnout Paradise. That was playable with a gamepad for me at least Smile
avatar
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Posts : 276
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 43
Location : Lands of Nether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing games

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum